Dakota Star FCU is excited to offer you the conveniences of online banking all from your mobile device! Our Mobile App for your iPhone® and AndroidTM device is a great way to help you keep up with your finances. Transfer funds and check your balances anywhere you can use your mobile device. Messaging and data rates may apply.
To get the Mobile App, just search for Dakota Star FCU on the App StoreSM or Google PlayTM Store. Download and install the app onto your phone. Launch the app and enter your Logon ID that you use to log into your Online Banking account. Click Log In. The first time you log into the App, you will need to answer one of your security questions. After you type in the answer to the question, click Continue. Next you will need to enter your password or your security code that you use to log into your Online Banking account, then click Log In. That’s it! You now have your financial information at your fingertips!!
Even if you don’t have a iPhone or Android device, we have a few other mobile options that you can take advantage off. To sign up for any of these products, you will need to log onto your Online Banking account from a computer. Click on the Self Serve tab. Under Additional Services, click on Mobiliti. Click the Sign Up button. Read through and agree to the terms and the conditions. Select the services you would like to register for and follow the on screen instructions to register for the service.
Here are some suggestions of other mobile services we have:
If you have a Smartphone with Internet access but don’t have an iPhone or Android, you can still use your mobile device to keep track of your finances. Simply choose the Mobile Browser as your on-the-go solution. This choice works well for Windows Smartphones, Blackberry owners, and other web-enabled devices. Messaging and data rates may apply.
Text banking makes it easy to check your account information and receive alerts from any text enabled phone. Send text commands (such as BAL) to the credit union from your text enabled phone to inquire about basic account balances and transaction history information. Receive text message responses directly to your phone. This choice works well for non-smart phones and text enabled phones without web access. Messaging and data rates may apply.
Apple and iPhone are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.
Mobile Banking Security FAQ
Is Mobile Banking Safe? Absolutely! You have NOTHING to worry about.
Q: Is my mobile device secure to use? I feel secure with my computer. I like to use my computer for my banking activities and I concern over using my phone.
A: Rest assured. Mobile is safe to use!
• Smartphones such as iPhones, Android and Blackberry have a very controlled and secure operating system
• Mobile Banking uses 128 bit SSL encryption just like Online Banking – which basically encrypts and protects any transmission of data including customer account information
• Mobile Banking uses strong Firewalls just like Online Banking – which protects from unauthorized or malicious intrusion
• Mobile Banking uses your Username (Logon ID) & Password (Security Code) for access, just like Online Banking. And just like with Online Banking, your account will lock down after 3 incorrect attempts from your mobile device
• Mobile banking uses additional Security Q&A authentication for initial access to your account
Q: What if my phone gets lost or stolen?
A: Nobody wants their phone lost or stolen. But in the rare case that it does, you should know that your mobile banking access is secured.
• No personal information from your Mobile Banking account is ever stored on the phone. Your password is never stored.
• Your login session automatically times out after 10 minutes of inactivity.
Q: Why can’t I simply use my computer to access by account? I’m more comfortable with it, and I can just wait till I get access at home.
A: You certainly can use your computer. But you’ll really miss out on all the FREE benefits of Mobile Banking to keep you secure.
• You can check your money at any time of the day. You’ll never need to worry about unauthorized activity on your bank account.
• Simply be notified when you receive a direct deposit. You can easily set up text and email alerts, and you’ll always be in the know.